Episode 29: Identify Your USP and Build a Killer Communication Strategy
Functional Medicine Field: What You Will Learn:
- How professionals in the functional medicine field can find their unique identifier and separate themselves from the pack
- What functional medicine providers can do to overcome their scarcity mindset and narrow their niche
- Why niching down will enable you to increase your impact and grow your practice simultaneously
- Tools and strategies you can use to identify your unique selling proposition
- How to use your USP as the foundation of your communication strategy
- The best platforms/mediums for spreading your unique identifier
- Jeremy’s “small pond” strategy and how FM providers can apply it in their own practice
- How guesting on relevant podcasts can help your practice’s website rank higher in search results
Narrow Your Niche, Increase Your Impact, Grow Your Practice
Jeremy Slate is a podcaster, entrepreneur, and public relations expert in the functional medicine field. He is the founder of the Create Your Own Life Podcast, which studies the highest performers in the world. And he is also co-founder of Command Your Brand Media, which helps leaders in all types of industries use the power of podcasts to change the world. In this episode of The FM Shift, Jeremy explains how to identify your USP, niche down, and build a killer communication strategy around those key points.
What is Your Unique Identifier
As you know, one of our main focuses on The FM Shift is to train professionals in the functional medicine field to become sharp and effective salespeople. Growing your practice and making the money you deserve requires an abundance of different tools and resources—digital communication is a major piece of that. You have to pinpoint your unique identifier to separate your practice from others in the area and attract a specific, loyal niche without spreading yourself thin. What makes you different, and who are you communicating that to? Those are two questions you need to answer before focusing on anything else.
In the functional medicine field, there are so many different ways to treat so many different diseases that it can be difficult to turn patients away. Why would you focus on one area like diabetes or arthritis when you can take on all of the new cases that come your way? The reality is, if someone comes to you with a problem and you are able to solve it for them, you become the opinion leader in that field. That patient is going to tell everyone and your mother about you, resulting in the growth of your practice and an increased level of impact on your patients.
About Jeremy Slate
Jeremy Slate is the founder of the Create Your Own Life Podcast, which studies the highest performers in the world. He studied literature at Oxford University and is a former champion powerlifter turned new media entrepreneur. He specializes in using podcasting and new media to create trust and opinion leader status. In iTunes, he was ranked #1 in the business category and ranked #78 in the Top 100.
Jeremy was named one of the top 26 podcasts for entrepreneurs to listen to in 2017 + 18 by CIO Magazine, top podcast to listen to by INC Magazine in 2019, and Millennial Influencer to follow in 2018 by Buzzfeed. The Create Your Own Life Podcast has been downloaded over 2.5 million times. He’s also a contributing editor of New Theory Magazine and Grit Daily.
After his success in podcasting, Jeremy and his wife, Brielle, founded Command Your Brand Media to help leaders use the power of podcasts to change the world.