Episode 16: Recession-Proofing Your Functional Medicine Practice
Recently, we have been working on a new content series called Recession-Proofing Your Functional Medicine Practice. It delves into the fundamental steps you can take to strengthen your business model and move from ‘survive’ to ‘thrive’—even in volatile economic conditions.
Dr. Heather Stone and I built a healthy $7.5M practice during the great recession of 2008. The lessons we took away from that experience formed the principles and pillars of Recession-Proofing Your Functional Medicine Practice. They are extremely relevant to what many functional medicine practitioners are facing today. And in this episode of The FM Shift, we walk through some examples of how they can be used.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The principles that enabled us to build a successful practice during the great recession
- How to harness the power of problem-solving as a functional medicine practitioner
- Why you need to take emotion out of the equation when you are working towards any kind of solution
- How to overcome any deterrent to solving a problem
- Why we tend to use obstacles as excuses for where we are
- How to set your goal, create a plan, build a team, and execute
- What you can do to help your team reach its full potential
- How to approach resistance from your staff when you are adapting, pivoting, or trying to grow your practice
Drs. Brandon and Heather Credeur are two of the most successful Functional Medicine practitioners and entrepreneurs in history. Their passion, entrepreneurial acumen, and good ole fashion southern work ethic allowed them to build one the largest, if not the largest, single office cash practice in the history of Functional Medicine.
More importantly, their business success allowed them to be able to help tens of thousands of chronically ill patients return to health and escape a broken and destructive healthcare system. The Credeurs are steadfast proponents of functional medicine and getting to the root cause of disease. They are fierce advocates for this model of healthcare in their day-to-day actions and efforts, and they have been healthcare warriors at the regulatory, legislative and legal levels.
Through their coaching, consulting, and mentorship their expertise and wisdom have also been used to train hundreds of FM providers in what they call The FM Success Formula. Drs. Brandon and Heather Credeur believe that Functional Medicine should be Fun, Successful, and most of all Impactful.
There are many things that even the most clinically skilled practitioners will not know when they decide to start a practice. So, it is critical to learn from the successes and failures of doctors who have already traveled the same path. In the latest episode of the FM Shift, Drs. Brandon and Heather Credeur walk us through their journey to create an immensely successful functional medicine practice.