Episode 4: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
When we are dealing with sick people, we have to understand that they are dealing with so much on their own. There is an immense amount of pain, frustration, and negative emotion tied to the struggles they are facing. As FM practitioners, we often get the spearhead of that negativity when it is released. But there are tools and strategies we can use to deal with it and keep our practices moving forward.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Strategies and tools for handling patient issues and the patients themselves within your practice
- How to navigate the financial obstacles of providing care to a qualified patient
- Why gathering objective data is essential to building trust in functional medicine
- How to deal with the different dynamics of an upset patient
- How to increase the value exchange and generate more buy-in from your clients
- The benefits and drawbacks of an ‘accommodator’ communication style
- Spiritual techniques to leave your negative emotions behind
Dr. Brandon David Credeur and Dr. Heather Stone DC are two of the most successful Functional Medicine practitioners and entrepreneurs in history. Their passion, entrepreneurial acumen, and good ole fashion southern work ethic allowed them to build one the largest, if not the largest, single office cash practice in the history of Functional Medicine.
More importantly, their business success allowed them to be able to help tens of thousands of chronically ill patients return to health and escape a broken and destructive healthcare system. The Credeurs are steadfast proponents of functional medicine and getting to the root cause of disease. They are fierce advocates for this model of healthcare in their day-to-day actions and efforts, and they have been healthcare warriors at the regulatory, legislative and legal levels.
Through their coaching, consulting, and mentorship their expertise and wisdom have also been used to train hundreds of FM providers in what they call The FM Success Formula. Drs. Brandon and Heather believe that Functional Medicine should be Fun, Successful, and most of all Impactful.
There are many things that even the most clinically skilled practitioners will not know when they decide to start a practice. So, it is critical to learn from the successes and failures of doctors who have already traveled the same path. In the latest episode of the FM Shift, Drs. Brandon and Heather walk us through their journey to create an immensely successful functional medicine practice.