Episode 17: Treating Infertility with Functional Medicine
Dan Kellams is an acupuncturist, a functional medicine provider, and a coach, consultant, and mentor. He is also one of the leading experts in our field on hormones and infertility, a problem that affects around 17-25% of the female population.
In this episode of The FM Shift, Dan joins us to address this issue and shed some light on the different ways functional medicine can play a role in treating infertility. He talks about the different diagnostic and testing methods he uses with his patients, and he explains how to approach atypical infertility cases as well.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The different causes of infertility in the female population
- What diagnostic steps Dan uses to assess his infertility patients
- Hormones in blood vs. hormones in saliva
- The different types of tests Dan runs as a standard for chronically ill patients
- What symptoms are typically correlated with each infertility case
- How Dan approaches atypical infertility cases clinically
- How to deal with the emotions and energy caused by infertility
- Website: https://peak-vitality.net/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pkvitality/
- Twitter: @Peak_Vitality
Dan Kellams grew up in southern Indiana, where he attended Indiana University, and he later transferred to the University of Louisville in Louisville Kentucky for sports sciences.
Dan went on to attend the acclaimed American College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) where he received his training and studies in acupuncture, herbology, Tai Chi, Tui-Na (oriental massage), and Qi-Gong. Dan earned his Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in 2009. He completed his clinical internship at the prestigious Methodist Hospital in the Houston Medical Center where his passion for advanced integrative therapies grew. Dan has gone on and has nearly completed his doctorate in Integrative Medicine.
Dan has been heavily involved in integrative, functional, and restorative medicine for over a decade. He enjoys both being a clinician, an avid researcher, and an educator in integrative therapies as well as proponent of whole-body treatment strategies that focus on the central idea that “the power that made the body has the power to heal the body.” Aside from being the Wellness Coordinator at Peak Vitality in Denver Colorado, Dan also travels the country to consult, educate, and coach other clinicians on auto-immunity, chronic illness, and difficult health cases.